It’s time for another magical dipping sauce recipe.
Lime or lemon.
Your favorite pepper…might I suggest, homegrown Anaheim pepper?!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 2 tbsp RAW tahini (this kind is my new FAVORITE!)
- 2-3 limes or lemons, juiced (to taste)
- 1 mild pepper of your choice
- 2 cups cucumber (peeled if you don’t want the sauce green)
- Place all ingredients in high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy dreamy.
- Serve with The Ultimate Pitta Pacifying Wraps (recipe in my book or in my recipe video on my channel Taylor A Norris), a big juicy salad or crudité with dosha-friendly veggies of your choice, raw sushi, raw crackers, raw bread, or whatever other healthy deliciousness that you love!
Customize Recipe For Your Dosha!
Vata – This is your jam. All ingredients work for you. Choose a pepper that suits you…bell peppers are typically not the best choice for you. Go with your intuition, and EXPERIMENT! Find the pepper that works for your body, mind, and spirit…hopefully, there is one out there for you! If not, use more cucumber. Throw in onion or green onion. You got this!
Pitta – YES! Tahini may be too warming for you…see how you do. I am pitta-dominant, and find this works fine for me because of the combination of tahini with cooling cucumber, acidic lemon or lime, and mild, slightly sweet pepper. I also tend to serve it with some variation of The Ultimate Pitta-Pacifying Wraps, so there’s that too. If needed, you can substitute almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or pumpkin seed butter, or whole almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or hemp seeds.
Kapha – Again, tahini is typically not the best choice for you. See how you do. If needed, you can substitute almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or pumpkin seed butter, or whole almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or hemp seeds. Or, simply decrease tahini to 1 tbsp, and up the other ingredients accordingly. Don’t be shy…put in some hot pepper too, if you like it hot!
Don’t know your dosha?
Go here! It’s 100% free!
FREE or by donation SWEET recipe e-book: Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 1
Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 1 is available in paperback here.
Check out my SAVORY recipe e-book, Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 2 here.
Do you want ongoing support in achieving your health goals?
Check out the coaching that I offer here.
I chef retreats too!
Email me firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a raw vegan chef for your retreat!