I love this mushroom soup recipe!
With just a handful of ingredients, this soup is wonderfully salty, savory, umami, and well-balanced.
And, it’s elegant, rich, and EASY!
It provides a nourishing, grounding energy that is absolutely delightful in the winter or anytime you want to feel cozy and comforted.
Here’s the recipe!
- 2 cups celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried mixed wild mushrooms soaked in 1 cup water (reserved)
- 2 green onions (white parts blended)
- juice of 1/2 lime (or more if you like things tangier)
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s Organic Sprinkle and/or Bragg’s Sea Kelp Delight
- 1/4 cup hempseed
- Garnishes: green parts of the green onions, 1/2 tbsp hemp seeds, additional spices and herbs, fresh sprouts
- Place all ingredients except garnishes in blender. You will want to add the mushroom soaking water too!
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Blend for longer if you want a warm soup.
- Decorate with garnishes of your choice. Serve with veggies for dipping and/or your favorite raw bread, cracker, or chip.
Vata – Mushrooms and celery may be less than optimal ingredients for you. See how you do. They may digest just fine in blended form. Substitute zucchini or carrot, if the celery is aggravating. The warming quality of the soup and healthy fats from hempseed will pacify vata.
Pitta – This is a great choice for you! Well balanced and grounding. It is neither excessively warming nor cooling.
Kapha – This is an excellent choice for you as well. Add hot pepper, onion, or garlic, if you are inspired to do so. Serve with lots of veggies.
Don’t know your dosha?
Go here! It’s 100% free!
FREE or by donation SWEET recipe e-book: Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 1
Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 1 is available in paperback here.
Check out my SAVORY recipe e-book, Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 2 here.
Do you want ongoing support in achieving your health goals?
Check out the coaching that I offer here.
I chef retreats too!
Email me email@example.com if you need a raw vegan chef for your retreat!