Wait, don’t throw out your celery pulp!
…Or any veggie juice pulp for that matter!
If you follow Medical Medium, then chances are good that you are drinking lots of celery juice.
What are you doing with all that pulp?!
You can make so many goodies with it!
And all that fiber is amazing for the good bacteria in our gut!
They use it to repair our gut lining and produce butyrate which tells our immune system to relax and protects against autoimmunity (attacking ourselves).
Here’s the recipe!
- 2 cups celery pulp
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (substitute: lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (substitute lemon juice + 1 tbsp dulse flakes)
- Place all ingredients in high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth, using a small amount of filtered water (about 1/4 cup) to blend, if needed.
- Press dough into 1/2-1/4-inch thick square shape and score into quarters, or make into rounds on a non-stick dehydrator tray.
- Dehydrate at 115 for 4-6 hours, flipping half-way through.
- Crust is done when it’s crisp on the outsides, but still slightly soft and moist in the middle.
- Top with dark leafy greens, marinara, pesto, and/or cultured cashew cheese!
Customize the recipe for your dosha:
Vata – As long as vegetable pulp is not completely devoid of liquid, it should be fine for you. Ensure that you do not fully dehydrate this recipe or else it will be too drying. Flaxseed and salty coconut aminos (or dulse/lemon combo) are vata-pacifying. Italian herbs like marjoram, thyme, rosemary, parsley, oregano, and basil are all vata-friendly.
Pitta – This is light and dry for you. Flaxseeds are pacifying for you. Of all the Italian herbs, basil is the most pitta-friendly, so use it generously!
Kapha – Celery and flaxseed are good choices for you. This recipe is light and dry, and will soothe kapha. Italian herbs like basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, and thyme are soothing for kapha.
Don’t know your dosha?
Are you serious about improving your health?
Raw Food Ayurveda is also available in paperback on Amazon.
Do you want ongoing support in achieving your health goals?