If we are on the same wavelength, then…
Cacao + fresh raspberries + sweet bananas = YESSSSS!
I mean, seriously…
If everyone knew that on a raw vegan diet, you can eat nice cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and/or snacks…
Then wouldn’t everyone be doing it?
When I eat cacao daily in nice creams, smoothies, and/or hot bevvies, I never ever crave chocolate…
Or anything sweet for that matter.
There was a time in my life…
In the darkness of winter in Nova Scotia…
While living as a Buddhist nun…
Deep in a meditation retreat…
During which I could literally eat an entire bar of DARK *SS chocolate every single day.
Fortunately, I didn’t have access to chocolate every day…
But I definitely had a stash.
Now, I don’t eat chocolate bars or oily chocolate treats at all.
Nor do I want to!
So, indulge in this amazing recipe to satisfy your chocolate craving!
I know I will!
Here’s The Recipe!
- 5-6 frozen ripe bananas, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces, divided in half*
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pitted medjool date soaked in 3/4 cup of water (reserved)**
- 1-2 cups raspberries
* You only want to place half of the frozen bananas in at a time, because your blender may automatically stop or burn out, since the frozen bananas are hard to blend.
**You can reduce or eliminate date + soaking water if you find you don’t need it. I find it helps prevent Vitamix burn out, and makes the nice cream even creamier.
1. Place half of your frozen bananas, vanilla, cacao, date, and half of your soaking water into your high speed blender.
2. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, using tamper to keep things blending.
3. Scrape all that deliciousness into your bowl.
4. Add the remaining bananas and soaking water to blender.
5. Again, blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, using tamper to keep things blending.
6. Scrape the rest into your bowl.
7. Stir and swirl to combine. Garnish with raspberries.
Recommendations For Your Dosha
Vata – Vanilla and raspberries are excellent for you. Feel free to substitute raw carob powder if you find the cacao too bitter. Best enjoyed in the sunshine, or wrapped in a warm blanket!
Pitta – Cacao is a great bitter taste for pitta. Raspberries and vanilla are also excellent for pitta. Rock on! Nice cream is an amazing cooling treat for you!
Kapha – Raspberries and vanilla are both kapha-pacifying. Cacao is a good bitter taste for kapha that will promote energy flow. Enjoy a bowl in the sunshine mid-day when digestive fire is strongest!
Don’t know your dosha?
Go here! It’s 100% free!
Are you serious about improving your health?
Do you want ongoing support in achieving your health goals?