As the title implies, these wraps feature summer ingredients, and are perfect to cut the summer heat!
They are super simple, super hydrating, super tasty, and cooling.
Give the recipe a try, and let me know how it goes in the comments!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 heart romaine, leaves removed
- 2 English cucumbers, noodled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp each: wakame and dulse
- fresh sprouts
- 1-2 heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2-1 avocado
- 5+ sheets of nori
- Place cucumber noodles in a bowl with lime juice, wakame, dulse, and any other seasoning you would like to add, such as fresh herbs or minced hot pepper. Massage together, and allow to marinate.
- On a flat, clean surface, place nori sheet down.
- Lay one leaf of romaine down, and carefully layer cucumber noodles, tomato, avocado, and sprouts on top.
- Top with another piece of romaine facing the opposite direction.
- Wet the far end of the nori with water so that it will seal together.
- Gingerly, roll the wrap. Set aside. Roll the remaining wraps. Cut in half or in pieces.
- Eat them up soon, because they get soggy fast!
Vata – This is a good one for you. Raw tomatoes are not recommended for any dosha in Ayurveda, so see how you do. Sprouted legumes or spicy sprout mixes will work best for you. Be generous with the avocado. The saltiness of the sea vegetables will be pacifying for you, especially when paired with water rich cucumber and hydrating lettuce. Add some hot pepper or other stimulating spices that work for you to heat things up, and stoke your digestive fire.
Pitta – This is an excellent choice for you. Mild, hydrating, and cooling ingredients will soothe pitta. Again, Ayurveda does not recommend raw tomatoes, so see how you do.
Kapha – This recipe is awesome for you too! See how you do with water-rich cucumber. If you find it too watery, substitute zucchini, carrot, beet, or butternut squash noodles, or use cauliflower rice. Be mindful of the avocado if you are working with diabetes, pre-diabetes or weight challenges. Feel free to add hot pepper or stimulating spices to encourage your digestive fire.
Don’t know your dosha?
Go here! It’s 100% free!
FREE or by donation SWEET recipe e-book: Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 1
Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 1 is available in paperback here.
Check out my SAVORY recipe e-book, Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 2 here.
Do you want ongoing support in achieving your health goals?
Check out the coaching that I offer here.
I chef retreats too!
Email me firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a raw vegan chef for your retreat!