Of all the doshas, the raw food diet is the best for fiery Pitta.
Pitta is going to rock out on the cooling power of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Pitta does need to be careful not to eat too much onion, garlic, and heating spices. I know, I know…this is hard, because pitta loves spicy food! You may be able to get away with small amounts here and there, but when pitta is aggravated and excessive, you will need to watch your intake of warming spices, hot peppers, garlic, and onions.
Foods that ground pitta’s lightness and heat—root veggies, seeds, and sweet fruits–will serve pitta well.
Milder tastes like apples, cucumbers, and lime juice are better than sharp flavors like pineapple, pickles, and vinegar.
So that means, you’ll need to watch the fermented foods too. Choose my salt-free kraut!
Sweet tastes from fruit, bitter tastes from dark leafy greens, cacao, cumin, turmeric, and saffron, and astringent tastes from sprouted legumes and vegetables will pacify pitta.
Of all the doshas, you will tolerate frozen fruit the best, because of your strong agni, digestive fire. So enjoy your bowls of nice cream!
Listen to your body, and watch for signs of pitta imbalance, so that you can adjust your food and lifestyle accordingly!
Signs Of Pitta Imbalance:
- Red, inflamed rash, acne, cold sores
- Acute inflammation in body or joints
- Acid reflux, gastric or peptic ulcers, heartburn
- Nausea or discomfort upon missing meals
- Loose stools
- Uncomfortable feeling of heat in the body
- Frustration, anger, irritability
- Judgment, impatience, criticism, intolerance
What To Include & Focus On:
- Cooling, surrendering & moderation
- Tastes: sweet, bitter, astringent
- Cooling foods
- Cooling herbs and spices like coriander, cilantro, fennel, cardamom
- 8-15% of calories from healthy fats
- Routine meal times + snacks if needed
- Mindfully eating in a peaceful environment
What To Avoid:
- Intermittent Fasting
- Tastes: pungent, sour, salty
- Hot temperature foods (shouldn’t be a problem on a raw diet!)
- Chili and cayenne peppers
- Processed foods
- Caffeine, nicotine, and other stimulants
Are You Pitta Predominant? How Do You Stay Balanced On A Raw Food Or Plant-Based Diet? Let Me Know In The Comments!
Don’t know your dosha?
Go here! It’s 100% free!
Are you serious about improving your health?
It’s also available in paperback here!
Do you want ongoing support in achieving your health goals?