PACKED with greens…
It tastes like CHOCOLATE!
Check out the recipe video here!
Here’s the recipe!
- 4 cups power greens (or spinach)
- 2 cups water
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
- Place greens, water, and dates in high speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender, except cacao nibs. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite glasses, and garnish with cacao nibs. The recipe makes about 2 liters or a half-gallon of smoothie, perfect for 2 servings or 1 really large serving.
Customize For Your Dosha!
Vata – Substitute sweet carob powder if you find the cacao powder too stimulating, drying, and bitter. Use fresh not frozen ingredients. If using frozen ingredients, allow them to thaw at least partially before you make the smoothie. Dates, bananas, and cherries are all vata-pacifying. Blending greens helps make them easier to digest.
Pitta – You’re all good here. Technically, bananas are heating, so you may do better to use frozen ones. Cacao is a good bitter taste for you. Sweet tastes from dates and cherries are also soothing. Greens pack in nutrition and extend satiation.
Kapha – This works for you too. Have fun with the cacao…it should be helpfully energizing! If worried about the potential fat-sugar combination, then skip the cacao nib garnish. Otherwise, you are all good.
Don’t know your dosha?
Go here! It’s 100% free!
FREE or by donation SWEET recipe e-book: Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 1
Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 1 is available in paperback here.
Check out my SAVORY recipe e-book, Raw Food Ayurveda: Volume 2 here.
Do you want ongoing support in achieving your health goals?
Check out the coaching that I offer here.
I chef retreats too!
Email me email@example.com if you need a raw vegan chef for your retreat!