If you struggle to eat healthy at work, this recipe is for you!
Seeing as most people spend 13 or more years of their lives at work, it’s a good idea to figure out how to stick to your healthy diet when you’re at your job.
There are a handful of ways to ensure dietary success on the job.
My go-to solution for my job in food service is to bring a smoothie to drink throughout the afternoon.
Best of all, it takes 15 minutes or less to make! I make it right before I head out the door to work.
I use the recipe below to aim for between 600-800 calories in fresh, juicy hydration.
If I’m extra hungry, extra active, or staying at work longer, I will err on the higher side for ingredient quantities (e.g. 5 cups oj + 4 cups frozen mango).
Do what feels right for your body, and meets your individual needs.
Nectar of the Gods Smoothie Recipe
- 4-6 cups fresh orange juice
- 2-4 cups frozen berries, frozen pineapple, frozen cherries, or frozen mango (you can combine these for epic flavor bursts!)
- Juice your oranges. To get 4-6 cups of juice, I use up to 8 pounds of citrus. It depends on how juicy your oranges are, and how good your juicer is. I use this extremely affordable citrus juicer.
- In a high speed blender, blend orange juice with frozen fruit of choice until smooth.
- Pour your sweet nectar into a couple mason jars. Be sure to refrigerate until you enjoy them.
Citrus is awesome for our body, but is extremely acidic for our teeth. I talked to my awesome holistic dentist about this.
Dr. Jason Jones recommends swishing the mouth with water after sipping citrus juice.
I always make sure I have some water handy when enjoying this smoothie. I don’t want to be a victim of the stereotypical fruitarian tooth rot. No thanks!
Be smart, and swish with water!
Are you serious about improving your health?
Do you want ongoing support in achieving your health goals?