My Candy Cane Lane Cocoa is rocking my world right now!
It all started a couple weeks ago, when my mom’s friend gave her a box of Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane tea. My mom gave me the box, because she doesn’t like mint tea, and knows it’s one of my favorites. Thanks, Mom!
Now, I’ve tried to make raw vegan cocoa in the past, and failed.
But this time, I nailed it.
Try this super simple recipe for a coffee or packaged hot cocoa replacement.
It’s great for the holidays. Though, I intend to drink it through the winter months for a warming, morning treat!
There’s very little fat in it, so I don’t get sugar or caffeine crashes. Just pure high vibe energy.
Here’s the recipe:
Candy Cane Lane Cocoa
- 3 bags Candy Cane Lane or Peppermint tea
- 1 liter of filtered water
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao or cocoa
- Boil 1 liter filtered water.
- Pour water into an insulated thermos (I use a large Hydro Flask), and steep 3 tea bags in the hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- Place pitted dates and cacao/cocoa in your high speed blender. Vitamix and Blendtec work best.
- Remove tea bags, and pour tea into blender.
- Blend on high speed for about a minute until smooth and creamy.
- Pour back into thermos, and enjoy mug by mug all morning long.