This is such a tasty, easy to put together recipe.
Ingredients are available any time of year.
Does it follow natural hygiene food combining rules perfectly?
If you follow food combining rules perfectly, eliminate the lemon juice and zest, and you should be fine.
Otherwise, enjoy, and check out the recommendations for how to customize the recipe according to your Ayurveda dosha.
Here’s The Recipe!
- 3 sweet apples, cored and chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 dates
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + zest
- Toppings: sliced banana, additional berries, fresh mint leaves, lemon zest
- Soak these toppings first for best digestion: dried apricots, dried figs, prunes, and raisins
- Place apples, berries, dates, and lemon juice in food processor. Blend until desired consistency.
- Pour applesauce into bowl. Garnish with lemon zest, fresh mint, and toppings of choice.
Recommendations According To Dosha
Vata – Apples, berries, lemon, and mint are vata pacifying. Feel free to use more dates to increase sweetness. Make sure to remove apples and berries from refrigerator so they can warm up to room temperature before blending. Garnish with soaked dried apricots, figs, prunes, raisins, and slices of sweet, ripe banana.
Pitta – All these fruits are pitta-pacifying. You can’t go wrong! Go heavy on the mint leaves to enhance cooling effect.
Kapha – Feel free to reduce or eliminate the dates. Otherwise, all these fruits are kapha-pacifying as well. Like vata, you may want to remove apples and berries from refrigerator before preparing this recipe, so it is not ice cold.
Don’t know your dosha?
Are you serious about improving your health?
Do you want ongoing support in achieving your health goals?