We all need to indulge sometimes.
The best indulgences are guilt-free!
I have been obsessed with the mint-chocolate combination since I was a kid.
My favorite ice cream flavor has always been the vibrant green mint chocolate chip.
Now as an adult, I have re-created my childhood favorite!
It’s not green, but it sure is tasty!
Enjoy this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or a snack…
Or whenever nice cream time arises for you!
Here’s The Recipe!
- 5-6 frozen ripe bananas, chopped into 1/2 pieces, divided in half*
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pitted medjool date soaked in 3/4 cup of water (reserved)**
- 1 small handful mint leaves
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
* You only want to place half of the frozen bananas in at a time, because your blender may automatically stop or burn out, since the frozen bananas are hard to blend.
**You can reduce or eliminate date + soaking water if you find you don’t need it. I find it helps prevent Vitamix burn out, and makes the nice cream even creamier.
1. Place half of your frozen bananas, cacao, vanilla, date, and half of your soaking water into your high speed blender.
2. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, using tamper to keep things blending.
3. Scrape all that deliciousness into your bowl.
4. Add the remaining bananas, soaking water, and mint to blender.
5. Again, blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, using tamper to keep things blending.
6. Scrape the rest into your bowl.
7. Stir and swirl to combine. Garnish with cacao nibs and mint leaves.
Customize The Recipe According To Your Dosha
Vata – This recipe is cold in temperature, so it may not be best for you. If you can tolerate it, eat it while wrapped in an electric blanket. The warming energetic of ripe banana may counterbalance the coldness of this recipe. Mint and vanilla are excellent for you. Alternatively, you may use fresh, ripe bananas (not frozen), and eat this recipe as a smoothie bowl. If the cacao is too drying and bitter, substitute raw carob powder.
Pitta – This is the ultimate recipe for you. All banana nice cream is going to be excellent for you, because of its cold temperature. Although bananas are not an ideal fruit for you, the cold temperature plus mint should offset their warming energetic. I tolerate this just fine as a pitta. Cacao is bitter, and pitta balancing. Mint and vanilla are excellent for pitta.
Kapha – Bananas are not ideal for you. See how you tolerate them. You can always use fresh, ripe bananas (not frozen), and make this recipe as a smoothie bowl if you find it too cooling. Mint and vanilla are both kapha-pacifying. Cacao is bitter, and kapha balancing.
Don’t know your dosha?
Are you serious about improving your health?
Do you want ongoing support in achieving your health goals?